As your association aims to grow and develop meaningful relationships with your members, it is essential to focus on the experience they have with your organization.
How you run your association is a big part of that. That’s why it’s important to take advantage of tools that will help you improve your members’ experience with your association and make sure they see the value in staying a member.
In this article, we’ll focus on how you can leverage your Association Management Software (AMS) to create a better member experience. With these solutions, you can increase your member retention rate and continue to show members the value you have to offer.
Take advantage of the resources made available to you through an AMS and you will end up with satisfied members and a high retention rate. Let’s start.
1. A robust member database
If your association wants to improve its member experience, it’s important to leverage a strong member database. Your membership database contains vital information about your members and helps both your association and your members stay organized.
Use a membership database that is structured to accommodate your association. This means using association management software that can accommodate your association’s specific membership structure, such as parent-child relationships.
Your database should allow you to:
- Update information. Let your members update their information in their member portals and automatically sync it with your database. This reduces the amount of work for your staff and helps you avoid errors caused by a lack of automation.
- Stay connected. Allow members to see other profiles in the member database so they can stay in touch with each other.
- Stay organized. Maintain your member database with tools that help you avoid duplicate entries and merge data. Automating this process saves time and organizes your database.
A robust, easy-to-navigate, and up-to-date member database will keep your members happy and help you build long-term loyalty. No one likes to encounter outdated information; keep your records organized and show your members that you’re in control of managing your data.
2. Third-Party Integrations
If you already use accounting, marketing, or other software solutions to manage your organization, integrating them with your AMS can help streamline association operations.
Integrations help you manage your association without having to enter data twice in different places. They also prevent human error and can thus contribute to the satisfaction of your members. Take advantage of integrations such as:
- Accounting software. Through a accounting integrating the software with your AMS, your members’ financial information will remain safe and secure. With two-way synchronization, all financial transactions on one side will automatically appear in both systems.
- Email marketing software. Email distribution lists and membership lists can change, and your organization should adapt. Stay up to date with your most recent member lists and current contact information using integration with email marketing platforms.
- Social networks. Meet your members on the social media platforms they already use to drive engagement. By integrating a social feed on your website and connecting to your association’s social media accounts, you will keep your visitors up to date with news from the organization.
- Learning management systems. Provide continuous learning opportunities for your members so they can stay on top of their field. The more opportunities you provide your members to advance their careers through continuous learning, the more they will value their membership in your association.
AMS integrations allow you to continue to leverage the software and tools you already use and keep your members engaged.
3. An easy-to-navigate association website
Providing your members with the information they need is part of their satisfaction. Your association website is the primary resource your members use to learn about your association updates, events, and more. Get the most out of your website by making sure it’s easy to navigate and has all the information your members want and need.
Take advantage of an AMS with a content management system (CMS) integrated. This saves you from having to invest in a separate vendor for your website design and keeps all of your website information stored in one place. By using this type of CMS, your website can offer:
- Event information. Give your members easy ways to learn about and register for events.
- Member Portals. With a member portal on your website, members should be able to pay their dues, view online order history, and view event registrations.
- Easy assembly. Take advantage of one-click edit features so you can easily update your website and keep your members up to date with the latest news and opportunities.
- Mobile responsiveness. The mobile-friendly design ensures that anyone can view your website from any device, whether it’s a desktop computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Analytic. If your website has numerical analysis software like Google Analytics Built-in tracking, you’ll be able to see where your website traffic is coming from, as well as which ads, newsletter links, or other marketing efforts are driving the most traffic to your website.
- SEO tools. Automated leverage SEO tools that will help you rank on search engines. The more technical members of your team can also add meta descriptions to each page of your site, optimize page titles, and more.
By using a CMS that is already part of your AMS, you will be able to stay on top of your member information, easily view traffic to your website, and make changes to your content whenever you need it. need. Improve your members’ experience with your association by offering them an excellent resource to consult: your website.
4. Membership Management Features
Your association should take advantage of the member management features. There are some features you should look for in your membership software, including targeted communications, newsletters, and career information. By giving your members different ways to receive information, you’ll be able to connect even more members to the resources they need.
Start by segmenting your members based on different attributes, then leverage them with the member management features within your AMS. This will help you ensure that your members receive communications that are relevant to them. You can segment groups based on:
- Years in business
- Leadership roles
When members receive communications that match their needs and interests, they will not only appreciate it, but they will also be more likely to renew their membership in the future. Getting value from your association is probably a top priority for most of your members, so when they receive targeted information that applies to them, it makes a big difference.
Besides targeted communication and email marketing, you can also leverage the following member management tools to deliver value to your members:
- Member electronic newsletters. Some members rely on content sent directly to them, so it’s important to leverage email advertising Software for creating and distributing newsletters by e-mail. Industry news, new association programs, event information, and other content items can easily be communicated using this platform.
- Online registration and renewal. Most members prefer to join and renew their membership online. If you want to increase your renewals, make it easy for yourself. An overly complicated process will turn members away.
- Job boards and career centers. Being able to connect to vacancies within their industry is a major reason professionals turn to associations. Make sure your AMS offers the ability to create job boards and offer career resources so your members understand the true value of their membership.
Find the perfect AMS
Improving your members’ experience and increasing retention rates shouldn’t be a daunting task. By leveraging an AMS with the features above, you’ll stay on top of your membership data, keep members informed, and ensure everyone is happy.
Make sure you find the right one association management software solution to your needs to prepare your organization for success.